This is in response to the Anti-Bucket List Prompt. Since I’m pro-Bucket List, it was really difficult for me to come up with anything to write down. I read the prompt and thought about light refracting through a glass of water, shards of brightness that do not indeed shine where they are supposed to. In that sense, theses things could be considered my refractions.
Books that I never want to read include:
- Emma, by Jane Austen (because I fell asleep through the movie).
- Any books or writing pieces by Stephanie Meyer (Twilight author).
- I wish I could un-read Fifty Shades of Gray but seeing as I’ve already done it (I lost a bet with Heather was forced to read them). But I will refuse to watch the movie until the day I die.
- The Diary of Anne Frank. I’m sorry, I know it’s important to history and being that history is one of my biggest passions, I should be interested. But I think the issue with this one is that I am too interested. I really don’t want to put myself through that.
- The really long Charles Dickens book that I forget the title too. I don’t even think it’s worth it.
Places that I never want to visit include:
- Nowhere. I would go everywhere. Whether that be a poor country, a war zone or something completely redundant like Paris. I’m just a wanderer.
Things that I never want to do include:
- Getting married. That would hold me back I think. I’m very selfish when it comes to the idea of marriage.
- Hate my job. You wouldn’t believe the number of people I know who are just depressed with their lives because of the field they chose to be in. I would dread that.
- Settle down in one spot. There’s something about my life that just keeps pushing me around, to and fro places that I can’t even fathom what it would be like to establish a real home somewhere. I don’t want to do it. I want to be in constant motion.
- Climb a mountain. Not unless I was visiting some Buddhist Temple or something. I really just don’t think it’s worth it.
- Live in the tropics. I don’t like the tropics.
People I never want to meet include:
- Hilary Clinton. I just don’t like the Clintons in general.
- ANY Kardashian or Jenner. For obvious reasons. It’s not that I hate them, I don’t know them personally to hate them. I just extremely dislike their personalities and honestly believe that they are repelling.
- Anyone on any country’s Most Wanted List.
- Other than that, I don’t make it a habit of disliking people for no cause…so this list is rather poor. I try to see what’s good in everyone and on occasion I’m known to be more accepting of people than others.
These are my refractions. There aren’t many because there really isn’t a lot I dislike in this world. Everything is an experience.